Following an initial risk assessment of the client’s mail-handling facility, together with a review of the ways in which mail is dealt with, a report will be prepared for the client. In assessing our approach to this area, the following options can be considered, including:
- the centralisation of mail-handling operations
- ensuring that trained staff are always on site
- deploying equipment that will reduce risk and improve effectiveness
- making sure that the initial mail screening is carried out by trained individuals
- where packages are delivered direct to the recipient, a list of ‘suspicious package indicators’ will be distributed to all personnel.