London Bridge Quarter
The Shard, an iconic tower at the heart of London Bridge Quarter, stands next to London Bridge Station and dominates the skyline in South London. The Shard is a key part of the regeneration of London’s South Bank and has become a potent symbol of London as a truly international city.
Europe’s tallest tower, it is defined as a mixed-use, 24-hour ‘vertical city’ offering:
- more than 55,000 square metres of office space on 25 floors
- three floors of restaurants
- a 17-storey hotel
- 13 floors of apartments, a triple-height viewing gallery, as well as an open-air viewing floor on level 72.
With such a prestigious building, the client wanted to ensure that their provider was able to meet their security requirements. These included:
- working in a building that does not have a change in its security profile over a 24-hour period
- managing front of house, hosting, and other vital services
- creating a positive first impression for visitors
- ensuring the safety of all staff, residents, guests, and visitors
- acting as ‘ambassadors’ for the client, as well as representatives of Ultimate Security
- maintaining agreed standards of presentation
- being polite, friendly, and helpful in all dealings with staff and visitors – 24/7
- supporting the many different services offered within the building
- managing handoffs to various parts of the building efficiently.
Why Ultimate Security?
After a rigorous selection process, the management of London Bridge Quarter (LBQ) appointed Ultimate Security. They felt confident that they were working with a trusted provider with an excellent track record, as well as proven expertise to deal with any situation.
The senior management team at LBQ wanted the ‘best in London’ to ensure the safety of their building. They wanted more than just the physical presence of the individual officers, they wanted the layers behind it, the ability to escalate any issues, and confidence in the provider’s testing exercises and preparedness.
Kevan McCrone, Group Head of Security at The Shard, confirmed that they were delighted with the appointment of Ultimate Security, and the service provided –
“The selection of Ultimate as security provider at our high-profile building has proven to be the right choice. They meet the challenges and demands of the evolution of the site.”
Also, crucial to the final decision was the level of contact with Ultimate’s senior management. Kevan added –
“Their senior team are responsive, listening, understanding and working with us to meet current and emerging requirements.”
Ultimate has agreed a comprehensive relationship management programme with the client, including:
- monthly operational meetings – based on a review of Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements
- quarterly strategic reviews – the Joint Leadership Board discusses any commercial and strategic issues
- annual security and progress reviews
- regular security updates
- an ongoing programme of mystery shopping and penetration testing.
About Ultimate Security
Ultimate Security is one of London’s leading private security companies. Our name is associated with prestige security assignments and we provide excellent customer service to clients.
Our reputation as the ‘go-to’ provider for security, reception, front of house, and other services is built on our core strengths, including:
- industry expertise and track record
- skilled personnel with market-leading training
- professionalism and quality of service
- innovation and adaptability
- an outstanding approach to relationship management and client care
- full industry accreditation.
“Our aim is to be the supplier of choice for prestige and high-risk locations in London.”
Paul Harvey, Director, Ultimate Security